Like many of you, PiP has spent the day in shock and disbelief at the tragic events in the community so many of us call home. We know many of you are wondering how you can help, so we’ve put this list together to help you lend a helping hand today and in the weeks to come.
- Family Assistance Center at the Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall – providing information about identifying family members, counseling, pastors, food and other necessities
- Other potentially helpful resources include the following from the Center for Disaster Philanthropy:
- Zappos is providing a $1 million match to support victims and their families impacted. Donate here and your money will be doubled.
- To assist the victims and their families, there is also a Las Vegas Victim’s Fund set up by the Clark County Commission Chair.
- Hotels offering cost-free rooms to families traveling to Las Vegas to assist those in need: Boyd Gaming, Station Casinos, South Point Hotel, and Siegel Slots/Suites
- Transportation for those impacted who need to travel to or from Las Vegas – provided by Allegiant Air, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the Red Cross website or download their app to schedule a time to donate blood, which will be needed in the days and weeks ahead. You can also visit United Blood Services to find a location near you.
- If you are searching for information about a loved one, contact the Red Cross at 866.535.5654.
- These events can also impact you indirectly, emotionally and mentally.
- Free 24/7 counseling or support is available through the Disaster Distress Helpline at 800-985-5990 or text “TalkWithUs” to 66746
- Counseling is available through the Crisis Call Center at 800.273.8255.
- Community Counseling Center is opening its doors to anyone affected by the tragedy each evening this week from 6:30-8 p.m. Counselors will be available. Call 702.369.8700 with any questions.
- Bridge Counseling Associates hotline 702-474-6450
- Coping tips from the Red Cross
- There will also be a Stillpoint Prayer Virgil that will be held tomorrow, October 3rd at 12:00 P.M at Stillpoint Center for Spiritual Development, 8072 West Sahara, Ste. D, 702-243-4040.
The PiP team appreciates your willingness to lend a helping hand. To the victims and their loved ones as well as everyone impacted by this tragedy in any way, we hold all of you close in our thoughts and prayers.